29 May 2007

the SAGE state

Hi cronies & fams! I've missed you!! (I've had a time with my blogger password & username, let me tell you.)

I've been in b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l Colorado since Sunday. My Pops picked me up at the airport & we went to Boulder where a co-worker/friend of mine lives. We bunked there a couple of nights relaxing & going on a small 3 mile, 3 hour hike. Right now we're in Carbondale, outside of Glenwood Springs, awaiting our post-dawn departure for Maroon Bells. We'll be oohing, huffing, admiring & cursing that 29 mile pass over the next 4 days: It will be a blasT! Wish us luck & manageable weather. The drive from Boulder here was Very interesting: rain with hail, rain, sleet, fatter sleet, rain, sunshine until sunset. Funny, I thought I left the state of fickle weather.

Countdown: 6 days until Greece.

P.S. I really want to buy property here (maybe the Boulder area): The quest begins.

1 comment:

Carey said...

I just read this again. That trip ended up being a 6 day, many times lost, pappa sprained his ankle on the first pass hike. We could have died a couple of times from the high water. But, we made it & it's one of my most memorable times.