11 November 2008

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Get Fuzzy has decided to tackle this invariable question, "Why did the chicken cross the road?" Finally, I think the world can set their mind at rest knowing the conclusion.

S = Satchel, the dog
B = Bucky, the kat


S: Hey, Buck! Why did the chicken cross the road?

B: That's an interesting question. I've done some thinking on the subject and I've come up with a theory.
You see, a chicken's perception of the definition of "space' is very different from yours or mine.
Whereas we understand the linear definition of the boundaries of the pavement and can make judgments on the future direction of the moving objects... vehicles, if you will ...
The chicken may only see an unconnected patchwork of shapes and movements.
It is my contention therefore, that the chicken doesn't even know he's crossing what we would call a "road."

S: My juice cap says "To get to the other side".

B: Well, sure, sometimes the other side is just cooler.


The above script is copyrighted 2005 to Darby Conley.


P.S. Did you see the video below? That speech makes me aspire to be a better person.

3 comments:

Jody said...

I think i am good, and don't really need anything from the West.

But do you need anything from the east?

We could do a hemisphere-ish exchange of sorts.

Carey said...

hhmmmm... Let me think about that. :-)

Bally said...

Hey Carey!

It's so nice to meet you! And I'm excited to see we share the same taste in comic strips! Get Fuzzy is one of my favorites.

Hope you're having a great day!

Best wishes from the 'Du!
Sarah