25 December 2005

I *heart* My Family

So, I've been feeling a bit homesick amongst the excitement of traveling.

The cure - a couple of calls home...
First, I called my mum. We haven't talked in quite a while & it was nice to catch up. My little sis, Tesia, was away so I didn't get to talk to her. :-( Mom had friends over for what was probably a half day feast including chit chat & music. Good times.

Then, I called my Grandmother Steele's house. Upon answering the phone G'ma shuffled me over to Pops because her hearing aid wasn't working. When he announced to everyone that it was me, my aunt Linda chimed in with 'We wish you a merry Christmas' and all uncles, aunts, cousins followed suit. Of course, that gave me a big smile! Afterwards, I proceeded to talk to my aunt Linda (in Asheville, NC), & cousins Eden (Colorado Springs, CO), Laurel(Queens, NY), Katie (NC, soon to leave for the Army again), & Madalyn (in H.S., Roanoke Rapids, NC). Then, to my aunt Elaine, uncle Ron (Charlotte, NC), & my dad before hanging up from the 2 - 2 1/2 hour phone conversation.

Cured! No more home-sickness...

No comments: